Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ananias

A family I've known for several years has suffered through domestic violence and general dysfunction to the point that two weeks ago they sought refuge from their father and husband through a local agency. Over the past year and a half I've had no relationship with him (his choice). Though many efforts were made, he could not hear me. A week ago I wrote him a letter in an attempt to reach him, since we simply could not talk. His ears were closed. He had become despondent and suicidal, so agreed to counseling. After his first visit, he called to tell me of the change that GOD had made in his life. He said "I was like Saul, causing pain to GOD's people - even my own family! But I received the word of GOD. I did not eat for three days...I was weak and broken...but by the grace of GOD I was rescued. You wrote to me and made me see the pain I had caused. My eyes were opened. From now on I shall call you Ananias!"

Well I relate this story because it is evident that this man has truly been changed and he rightly gives credit to GOD. I am thankful that GOD chose to use me for his glory in this situation. Please pray for healing in this family. I'm quite amazed at the changes I've seen in a man who only two weeks ago called the police to accuse me of stealing his children. Now he calls me Ananias.

GOD is good ... all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment