Thursday, February 25, 2010

I've got joy in my heart!

Her mother asked me to talk with her Sunday..."she's only eleven, she doesn't understand...will you help her? Maria was only 42. She wasn't seriously hurt in the accident on Wednesday, so they let her go home. Why did she die two days later? Why are two little girls left without their mother? Why did her husband lose his job the day before?" I had no true words of relief or encouragement for Lillie. I just told her that I did not understand either...that we simply have to trust that GOD has a plan for good...even in the midst of this darkness. Why was Jenny Bazaillion buried this afternoon after only 32 years in this world? Why does GOD allow such heinous atrocities to occur? No, Lillie, I just don't understand. I am comforted only by the belief that Maria and Jenny are together and that they are better off than any of the rest of us. I watched the grief and the comfort and the joy in Joanne Rochette as she skated to a bronze medal tonight after her mother died Sunday.
Yes, there is joy in the midst of struggle.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
Cheap grace doesn't buy much joy.
I am blessed. Yes, I am full of joy.
Welcome to this world Zachary Stone Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment