Wednesday, March 24, 2010

During my spring break I decided to take a sabbatical from here, determined that I would not feel guilty because I'd not posted a recent entry. I was successful. The first two days of last week were horrible and even still gave me lessons for life. Monday afternoon I was blindsided by either a virus or food poisoning. It was cool and rainy and several times I found myself lying on the cool concrete next to the flowerbed (my favorite disposal site). Too weak to move and in anticipation of the next wave, I simply enjoyed the rain. For seven hours I had no respite. Tuesday, my major adventure for the day was to walk out to the barn to feed the horses - an event that required considerable recuperation ... and then it was gone.
A lot goes through your mind when you're on your knees in the back yard in the rain. Somehow I think GOD was chuckling, thinking this is really where I need to be all the time ... on my knees asking for mercy. I thought about the many people I know who are presently going through chemotherapy. I thought about how thankful I was that I was not in some third world country such as a tent city in Haiti. I thought about how the sin in our lives slowly builds up until we need to purge it from our life, often in ways that are as discomforting as a flowerbed experience. I was reminded of the weak and helpless of this world and remembered that even in those times when I could not raise my head ... GOD was there ... he always is ... sometimes I forget to acknowledge his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment