Wednesday, April 28, 2010

prayers answered



I've a small booklet given to me by Bill Nash that reads Prayers Asked on one side and Prayers Answered on the other. I started keeping up with it, but trailed off years ago ... I think because I realized that all prayers are answered ... in time. About eighteen months ago I remember praying over Vicki Spargo, anointing her with oil, and asking for her healing from cancer. Yesterday, she was taken from the cancer. What an irony that as she was leaving this world, a group of friends surrounded me and prayed that no blockage would be found in my heart, that GOD would heal my heart and the doctors would find nothing wrong. But I had seen the photographs from the nuclear stress test that showed an area that was oxygen deprived and I'd had the conversation with the cardiologist who sensed the urgency to do the catheterization to remedy the problem. So when he told me and the family that there was no blockage ... that occasionally the tests show a 'false reading' ... I knew in my mind what had occurred. I trust that I have been touched by the healing hand of the great physician. Last night at 1:22 am I woke up to answer the call of nature. But as I returned to bed the full moon was illuminating the prayer bench I made for Karen two years ago - as clearly as if it was under the spotlight of a broadway stage. I accepted that invitation and gave thanks again before I returned to my bed. GOD is good and no, I don't understand ... but I accept. Praise GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment